02 November 2009

Collisionless Boltzmann Equation my butt.

So the reason why I don't post as often as I would like is because of stuff like this:

\begin{equation}
\int{v_{j}(\rm{CBE})d\overrightarrow{v}^{3}} \Rightarrow \frac{\partial{}}{\partial{t}} \int{fv_{j} d\overrightarrow{v}^{3}}+\sum_{1}^3 \int{v_{i}v_{j}\frac{\partial{f}}{\partial{x_{i}}}d\overrightarrow{v}^{3}} -\sum_{1}^3 \frac{\partial{\Phi}}{\partial{x_{i}}}\int{v_{j}\frac{\partial{f}}{\partial{v_{i}}}d\overrightarrow{v}^{3}}=0
\end{equation}

I've spent the afternoon up to my eyeballs in LaTeX, which is the scientific community's answer to Microsoft Word. It's actually a lot prettier, but that's a different post for a different day. Basically, I'm taking a class that is 90% based on presentations and tomorrow I'm going to have to fake that I know stuff about tensors. In order to skirt any responsibility of actually understanding them, my partner and I have decided to talk about the tensor virial theorem, which we went over in a different graduate course (galaxies). I had really hoped that I would never have to see TVT ever again, but I guess that was too hopeful on my part.

So yes, instead of going to play softball tonight, I'm going to type more things out that look like the above and hope that I don't fail my courses. Oh, and pack.

No comments: