17 May 2012

hi again



This is a picture from a really terrible meal that we had last week.  It's actually a plate from a Mother's Day brunch buffet from a restaurant that we've eaten at twice before.  The first time we went was actually for Restaurant Week and it was really good.  I was sooo disappointed, in part, because I wanted to love it and then blog about it.  Unfortunately, the meal wasn't good so I don't really have anything to say and I'd rather not take a giant crap on a restaurant that I think is probably better than what they served up here.  It'll probably be awhile before we go back, but it's never going to close because, even though it's basically empty every time we've been there, it's part of a hotel.

but at least I'm a cute money pit
So herein lies the problem.  I have nothing to write about.  It's not that I don't eat.  I do, every day, in fact. It's just that recipe creation has been tough and given that we now have a giant money pit, we've been trying to scale back the restaurant eating.  We've been going with tried and true recipes.  The one time I tried making something new, it took forever and I felt like I was neglecting Ramona (she fell asleep in her swing almost immediately so it seems like mommy guilt is a natural progression from Catholic guilt) thus, we've stuck with quick cooking meals since then.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm here and I'm eating and I just needed to write something so I could remember what it felt like to write a blog post.


3 comments:

astrochris said...

Bacon, sausage, eggs benedict, ahi tartare on salad, corn pudding? Did I get that right?

Also: did you search to find the absolute cutest picture for Ramona? :)

julie k h aka jkru said...

Almost. Duck confit eggs Benedict, creamed corn, DVD you missed the king ranch casserole next to the corn. And the picture is one of the few non blurry ones that Colby took. Haha.

Pulchrior Evenit said...

YUM!
That looks wonderful.

http://pulchrior-evenit.blogspot.de/