15 October 2014

Hackbright Day 13: Exactly the types of things you would think you'd do on a day 13

Today was a day with no cake, but lots of HTML and CSS.

I much prefer cake.

We saw how HTML and CSS worked together in the morning lecture, got a series of 12 drills to complete of varying difficulty, and then had another small lecture in the afternoon about CSS and then had another lecture on SQL, whereupon we were shown "Little Bobby Tables". This is a very pro-XKCD environment, which is a very good thing.

One of the instructors showed us this AND IT IS SO TRUE.

After spending today on things that are typically deemed "front end", I've decided that I much prefer back end engineering. I can't even describe how much I was craving an equation. I would have even taken list slicing! I found the HTML/CSS to be tedious, and it was even less interesting today than yesterday because at least yesterday we were doing things through Python with Flask. Fortunately, my partner was patient through my complaints. I think I probably owe her a six pack after all my griping.

A few days ago, I gave a short tech talk on cat, head, tail, and grep. I didn't have slides because it was supposed to be a 5-10 minute talk, so I just got up with a terminal and went at it. It was probably super not clear for most everyone, so I took screen shots of me playing around in the terminal and now I'm working on a page that has the pictures and explanations because I hate myself. JKLOL. Mostly it's because I need to practice HTML and CSS.


No comments: