17 May 2010

Addendum: Patience

Ever since I started blogging more, I've lost readers. Hmm. Perhaps I should stick to the food and have quality, sporadic posts instead of frequent non-food personal posts. I haven't quite decided. This is more and more morphing into a personal blog with occasional food posts, which is mostly okay with me but I've been thinking about getting Colby to help me out with the food blog portion since he's been cooking a lot more (and can add to the calamities). Thoughts?

So yesterday I made truffled fries. It turns out that you really need to keep it to a single layer and watch it after awhile. At a certain point, the fries start to get super tender, such that they totally break apart when you move them. Keep gently stirring and make sure they don't stick to the bottom of the pot. Also, seriously, be patient. It takes a long time, but it's worth it.

2 comments:

ashetler said...

I like that you're blogging more and that it's a mix of personal and food. Just my two cents :)

julie k h aka jkru said...

So when I wrote this, I didn't realize that I left out the analytics bit of code, so I looked at my stats and it said that 0 people had read it... so I was like, dude, perhaps I should reconsider.