13 November 2012

late lattes

that "brown" is part of a recipe I wrote down for chicken and 40 cloves
latte art gets lost in to-go cups
It's finally cold!  I am beyond excited, although I'm not sure that my Texas-born baby is such a huge fan.  In celebration of rational weather, I donned my new boots and a sweater today because I could.  I also decided that it was high time for me to have a proper pumpkin-spiced latte, so I headed over to Genuine Joe's to get the fall requisite.

As I got out of my car to head into the house, it occurred to me that we should look for a pumpkin to carve for Ramona's first Halloween.  And then I realized that we're 9 days out from Thanksgiving.  So thank you, Texas, for screwing with my head.  Pumpkin spiced lattes and boot weather should be something that happens in the beginning of October, not mid-November.  Grumble grumble.

1 comment:

astrochris said...

You have no idea how confusing it has been for me for it to be May 2009 for the past three and a half years. You at least get some swing in the weather to tell you that time has passed.
:-P