06 May 2012

24 Diner

24 Diner is by and far one of my favorite places in Austin.  The food is great and the atmosphere is fun.  I always take out of town friends here whenever they visit and even ate Thanksgiving dinner there last year.   I've tried almost everything on the menu and I have too many favorites to count, but my must haves include the (brisket) chili cheese fries, their patty melt (with a fried egg on top), and the applewood bacon and cheddar fritatta.  Colby likes the chicken and waffles and if I keep going, I'm basically just going to list the menu.  I'm sort of surprised that it's taken me this long to write about it, but I finally brought the camera along with us.

So what I'm saying is I'm really craving some chili cheese fries right now.  I'm sort of tempted to make a run downtown to get some, but that would require, unfortunately, pants.

chili cheese fries - $8.95

patty melt w/fried egg and macaroni and cheese - $12.90

No comments: