09 April 2009

roasted veggies

So... I slept through last night's post. Oops. In preparation for Easter, I've been cooking most of the dishes that I'm going to be making for dinner. Tonight, I made the veggie dish and the cornbread that will be used for the strawberry-orange short cake. :)


Roasted brussels sprouts:
1 lb baby BS, halved
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
salt
pepper

combined everything. put onto a large sheet pan face down and then into a 400 degree oven for 20-ish minutes

Roasted sweet potatoes
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbs oil
1 clove garlic, minced

combine and toss into a 400 degree oven for 20ish minutes as well

Colby and I ate them together and it was surprisingly good. I think that I probably should have turned the sweet potatoes midway, but other than that, I'm getting excited for Easter. :) The only thing left to do is to figure out how to handle the roasted chicken.

No comments: