27 January 2015

Biiiiiicycle, biiiiiiiiiiiiicycle

Please don't be intimidated by my kolourpaint4 skills. I'm an immensely talented individual.


I need some advice, so I'm crowd sourcing. I'm looking to buy a bicycle in the next few months. The idea would be to ride my bike from my apartment to the ferry station in Alameda, which is about 1.3 miles, and lock it up there.

Things to note:
I am so very incredibly short. As in, my inseam is 26 inches and I was really excited when crop pants were in because I could finally find pants that fit and didn't bunch around my ankles.

The last time I really rode a bike was in college. I had a Lance Armstrong approved Trek mountain bike that got stolen from in front of Owen Hall at Michigan State in the summer of 2005. I guess I learned my lesson about cable locks versus U-Locks.

I'd be okay with a used bike.

I've never used clip-in pedals, but maybe that would be okay? I don't know how necessary it is based on how short my commute will be.

I'm not currently planning on bicycling in San Francisco because I'm too young to die, but perhaps if I get comfortable around Alameda, I might try it in SF. Not sure if that changes the recommendations.

So, please send me all of your recommendations and suggestions! Also, I'd totally be into biking tips and safety info, too. :)


No comments: