16 February 2010

Men's Ice Hockey!

The winter Olympics are by far better than the summer Olympics. I could name the ways, but most importantly, it's men's ice hockey that sets it apart. Now don't get me wrong, women's ice hockey is interesting, but it's often crazy lopsided. Men's ice hockey is like taking the NHL, plucking the best players from the league, and geographically redistributing everyone. The winter Olympics is one of the few times I actually cheer for the likes of Chris Pronger. Obviously my allegiances are with Team Canada because Canada is hockey (it also doesn't hurt that Mike Babcock is the coach), but I wouldn't mind if Sweden took home the gold because they're basically the international unit of the Wings.

If you'd like to obsessively follow the games, the NBC Olympics site is surprisingly not horrible.

No comments: