01 November 2008

NaBloPoMo Day One

Do you know what today is? Okay, yes, it's All Saints' Day, which means that I should be at church, but ehh... Also, it's Halloween Candy-is-15%-off Day too. But really, the answer that I was looking for was the first day of NaBloPoMo! National Blog Posting Month is sort of a take on National Novel Writing Month. Since I don't have the desire (or time) to write a novel in a lifetime, I decided that this would be a) a more manageable task b) inspire me to cook at home, and c) make me write more because, despite all notions of astronomers being perched atop their ivory towers looking through telescopes at night, we need to be literate and articulate.

In order to celebrate this momentous occasion, I went to the farmers market. Actually, that's kind of a lie, but let's go with that. Basil season, sadly, has mostly passed, but now there are all sorts of squash and other goodies. I came home with sweet potatoes, green peppers, and broccoli! It was a very exciting sort of day. Dinner will most definitely have to be some sort of stir fry.

No comments: