05 March 2008

Lazy-man's Alfredo Sauce

So given that I had all this leftover pasta, I wanted to do something with it because, mostly, I had been watching cooking shows all night (with the wonderful exception of a two hour stint of Law & Order SVUUUU) and so I kind of wanted to cook. This ended up being alfredo-y and not that good, but I have a feeling that it could be easily modified to != suck.

What I did:

2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 tsp kosher salt

some amount of chicken stock
some amount of milk
3 cloves minced garlic
~1.5 oz grated Parmesan cheese
2 slices provolone

so I melted the butter+flour+salt to make the base of a roux, added in the wet ingredients, let it thicken, add in the garlic, added in the parm cheese because it was the rest of a container that i had sitting there, and then decided that it was too salty, so I added the provolone, more chicken stock (realized that that made it saltier), more milk... boil boil stir stir. It's edible. Maybe not for me what with the dairy, but it's not spectacular.

This is my theoretical Lazy-Man's Alfredo

2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 tsp kosher salt

1 c heavy cream
3 cloves garlic (because, hey, who doesn't like garlic? [also, CLOVES, Kyle, CLOVES])
2 oz Parmesan
2 oz Mozzarella
black pepper to taste

mix mix mix stir stir stir. It should come out way better. Also, sauteed mushrooms would make this better

No comments: