23 April 2016
I want to start cooking again, but I've spent a lot of time coding and re-learning statistics in the name of professional development. I decided to carve out some time today to use up the cabbage that's been sitting in the crisper drawer for a week and the jalapeño that was on its last leg.
1/2 head green cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
1/4 c mayo
2ish T lemon juice
1 small lobe of shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1 tsp kosher salt
salt + pepper to taste
Toss shredded cabbage and 1 tsp salt to evenly distribute in a colander placed over a bowl (or sink). Let sit for up to an hour, or at least as long as it takes to prep the rest.
Combine mayo, lemon juice, garlic, jalapeño, and shallot. Let sit for a bit to let the flavors combine and the harshness of the garlic and shallot to subside. Season with salt + pepper to taste.
Thoroughly rinse and drain the salted cabbage. Add in the dressing.
We served it with avocado slices and pork. Highly recommend. Would do again. 5/5.
03 April 2016
I should be working on something, but obviously I'm not since I'm on here.
There are so many things I should be working on, but instead I'm typing into this. You're welcome.
- Lice combs do a very good job of getting the larger pieces of cajun seasoning mix out of one's hair.
- cajun seasoning does not feel so great when it gets in your eye. I do not have first hand knowledge of this, but I have been told that this is true very vehemently.
- I've been running on caffeine, adrenaline, and cortisol for the past month+ with the occasional ounce of ethanol thrown in for good measure. do not recommend.
- I similarly do not recommend jumping head first into Whole30 when insanely stressed
- and yet, here I am. Goddamnit.
- I'm letting myself off the douche hook and am instagramming the shit out of what I eat so I can at least be entertained while I spend the next 28 days extremely hangry
- while I prefer the syntax and ease of Postgres, switching between that and hive is fucking up my brain.
- Ramona is super into quesadillas, excuse me, tortillas with melted cheese right now. It makes me want to buy a quesadilla maker since I am currently weak to shopping.
|ube ice cream kid cone - Cookiebar Creamery - $ 2.5|